On the 19th of November 2018 Kraków Airport greeted its passenger no. 6 million for the first time in history.
Thereby, Kraków Airport became the first regional airport to serve 6 million passengers within one calendar year.
Passenger no. 6 million who travelled #flyKRK was Anna, who flew to Chicago via LOT. At Kraków Airport she was greeted by: Radosław Włoszek, CEO at Kraków Airport, Adrian Kubicki, Director Corporate Communications at LOT Polish Airlines, and Krzysztof Mazur, Director of the Kraków branch of LS Airport Services.
Anna received a surprise reward from LOT Polish Airlines, i.e. a voucher for two to fly in Premium Economy class to any destination in Europe (from among the flights offered by the carrier). Kraków Airport rewarded Anna with a set of gadgets and the option to use the VIP service. The remaining passengers of this #flyKRK flight to Chicago were also handed some sweets.
Interesting #flyKRK facts
- • 8,000 km – the longest direct flight offered by Kraków Airport is the connection to Chicago;
- the 6 million passengers served by Kraków Airport included nearly 55 thousand infants;
- 51,530,747 km is the distance travelled by aircrafts which carried the 6 million passengers to/from Kraków Airport; as a comparison, this is:
- approximately 1/8 of the road that our planet travels within an entire year;
- 30 times the airport’s patron, St. John Paul II, travelled on all pilgrimages during his pontificate;
- nearly 67 trips to the Moon and back;
- over 1400 times more than the distance covered by the players of all teams participating in this year's 21st Football World Cup.