The project that is being implemented at the Kraków Airport is covered by Priority 5 “Kraków Metropolitan Area” (action 5.3: Development of the integrated metropolitan transport). Its main objective is to strengthen the position of the Kraków Metropolitan Area on the European arena.
The development of the Kraków Metropolitan Area (KMA) is one of the most significant investments designed to increase the competitiveness of the Małopolska region. It is important to equip the area with high-quality infrastructure and facilities, without which it is very difficult to perform metropolitan functions.
To enable easy access to KMA and thus enable social and economic development of the area, the Kraków Airport will implement the projects involving construction of the internal circulation system of the Port. The project is co-financed by the European Union as part of the Regional Operational Programme for Małopolska for 2007 - 2013.
- Project Number: MRPO.05.03.02-12-197/13
- Co-financing agreement signed on: 28 January 2014
- Total project value is: PLN 39,105,271.21
- Total value of eligible costs is: PLN 30,791,589.04
- Co-financing in the amount not exceeding: PLN 23,401,607.66
- The contract with the General Contractor signed on: 11 April 2013
- General Contractor: ASTALDI S.p.A.
The main purpose of the project is to ensure a fast and efficient circulation within Kraków Airport and on its entry roads through the construction and reconstruction of the internal circulation system, adapted for the increasing number of passengers and providing for the integration of different means of transport.
The subject of the project is the execution of three tasks:
- construction and reconstruction of the internal circulation system
- construction of a railway station
- construction of a footbridge.
Kraków Airport plays an important role in the transport node of the whole country, therefore the investments consisting in the increase of its efficiency and quality of services are among the key investments in Poland with regard to the expansion of airports.