The deadline for filing applications for the KPT ScaleUp accelerator project implemented by the Krakow Technology Park expires on 19 March. In May, 12 innovative companies will embark on an extensive programme of their products' implementation by large companies.
The purpose of the project is to support the best, yet still "starting up" products and innovative solutions in order to find their applications, also at the Kraków Airport. Opportunities for acceleration open up for Polish start-ups with a market presence of 5 years as a maximum, offering B2B products, or working prototypes in one of the following three areas: Industry 4.0, IIoT (Industrial Internet of Things), or smart city.
Partners in the programme include 10 companies from Małopolska, including the Kraków Airport as the strategic partner. The Kraków Airport is primarily interested in innovative projects that will:
- improve management and identify the most advantageous solutions in this respect;
- enable the use of data supplied by e.g. passengers and available tools (e.g. wi-fi routers) to facilitate passenger and aircraft support in the operational zone of the airport;
- promote the development of robotic systems to assist passengers in their journeys, considering the passengers' multi-language backgrounds;
- improve the efficiency of electricity consumption (energy efficiency projects);
- lead to the development of radio equipment to help with locating persons and objects, and to be used for communication in industrial settings.
The recruitment process will culminate in the selection of companies that will cooperate with a team of experts and mentors, and receive funding of up to PLN 200,000. The application form can be downloaded here.