On 30 June, the US Department of Homeland Security (DHS) introduced restrictions on the carriage of powder-like substances in cabin luggage on direct flights to the USA.
Passengers travelling to the USA are allowed to carry in their hand luggage powder-like substances – e.g. coffee, flour, sugar, cosmetics – with a total maximum weight of 350 g (based on the maximum packaging volume).
The restriction does not apply to (i.e. the carry-on/cabin luggage on flights to the USA may contain), e.g.:
- prescription medicine and baby formula, provided they are carried in their original, unopened packaging;
- items purchased at the airport in the restricted zone (i.e. following security checkpoint), sealed at the point of sale, together with the receipt, in a Secure Tamper Evident Bag (STEB). STEBs are bags that can be checked for tampering and may be opened only at the destination airport.
Passengers travelling to the USA carrying powder-like substances in the amount exceeding 350 g are requested to put them in their registered luggage.
LIQUIDS: the restrictions on the carriage of liquids in hand luggage remain unchanged.
For more information on the carriage of powder-like substances on flights to the USA please go to the Polish Civil Aviation Authority website http://www.ulc.gov.pl/pl/.
#flyKRK flights to Chicago scheduled twice a week. Starting from next week, LOT Polish Airlines will fly directly from Kraków to Chicago twice a week (on Mondays and Fridays).
EXTRA TIPS FOR PASSENGERS
- Before your flight, please make sure your documents are valid and entitle you to enter the destination country, and that you have a visa, if necessary. When crossing a border, children are required to present an ID card or a passport.
- Please remember that it is prohibited to bring animal products to the EU territory. Restrictions similar to the EU ban on animal products also apply e.g. in the USA.
- We also kindly remind passengers not to leave their luggage unattended at the airport, and report to the security checkpoint and passport checkpoint in advance.
- For practical tips on how to get ready for a #flyKRK flight please go to: http://bit.ly/PraktyczneWskazowki